2010 Toyota Tacoma Pickup TrucksThe 2010 Toyota Tacoma is basically unchanged from the 2009 model. A new generation should be introduced in 2011, unless slower than normal truck sales force Toyota to put off a redesign.
Don't let the lack of changes keep you from buying a Toyota Tacoma, because it remains a solid vehicle with more standard safety features than most of its competitors, along with a consistently high ratings in crash tests.
Some of those standard features include:
- Toyota Star Safety System (a group of five safety features): Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electric Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist(BA)
- Front Airbags
- Front side curtain airbags on regular cab trucks and front and rear side curtain airbags on Access and Double Cab trucks
- Three-point seat belts for all seating positions
- Automatic Limited Slip Differential
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Toyota Tacoma pickup trucks are available with a Standard Cab, an Access Cab (rear seat and short rear doors that open to the rear) and Double Cab (full rear seat and full size rear doors that open to the front).
Available power trains are a 2.7-liter 4-cylinder with either a 5-speed manual transmission or 4-speed automatic transmission (not available on four-wheel drive) or a 4.0-liter V6 with either a 6-speed manual transmission or a 5-speed automatic transmission.