2011 Chevrolet Silverado HD Pickup TrucksChevy introduced its 2011 Silverado Heavy Duty trucks at the 2010 Chicago Auto Show. The overall look of the truck is similar to the previous model, but a redesigned grille, full-width chrome front bumper and a power dome hood with louvers give the truck a more powerful look.
Silverado's biggest changes are under its skin. Updates include:
- fully boxed frame with high strength steel to greatly reduce twist and flex; front section is hydroformed steel, which holds up to chores like snow plow use
- larger engine and transmission mounts help control cab vibration and harshness that can occur with a stiff frame; hydraulic mounts on extended cab and crew cab models
- independent front suspension has stronger upper and lower control arms to handle heavier loads
- 2500 has two stage springs for a softer ride when lightly (or not) loaded -- second stage springs kick in for a load; 3500's three stage springs have a similar effect
- two engine/transmission combos