- 600 lb. load capacity
- wheelbase under 75 inches
- height under 36 inches
- smooth-running engine from 3 to 50 mph
- rectangular body
- two-speed transfer case with four-wheel-drive
- fold-down windshield
- three bucket seats
- blackout and driving lights
- gross vehicle weight under 1,300 lbs.
Willys-Overland, American Bantam Car Manufacturing Company and Ford Motor Company entered the competition and delivered prototypes to the Army in record time. The Willys Jeeps in this gallery are the long-term result of that first delivery.
The information in this gallery was supplied by Jeep. If you disagree with their dates or other info, let me know.
|1940 Willys Quad||1941 Willys MA||1942 Willys MB||1942 Jeep CJ-2A|
|1945 Jeep CJ-2A||1948 Jeep Jeepster||1949 Willys Wagon||1953 Jeep CJ-3B|
|1955 Jeep CJ-5||1959 Jeep CJ-6||1963 Jeep Wagoneer||1966 Jeep CJ-5|