Crew cab pickup trucks offer the perfect blend--a true truck bed for hauling cargo and rear doors leading to full second row seating for your passengers. Crew cab trucks are gaining in popularity every year and automakers have revved up production to accommodate the increasing number of buyers for this versatile body style. Here's a selection of 4WD crew cab trucks in varying price ranges and from different manufacturers. There should be one to suit your tastes and needs.
Dodge's version of a crew cab features a powerful V8 Hemi engine and excellent towing abilities. The interior is spacious and the Laramie package adds more comforts to an already well-appointed cab, including power pedal adjustment, available heated front seats, and power driver's seat and zone A/C on some models. The Laramie is available in 2WD or 4WD configurations and starts at $31,155. Basic Ram Quad Cabs start at $24,865. The estimated fuel mileage isn't for everyone--11 city/16 highway.
2. 2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4WD StylesideThe full-size F-150 is flexible--its many cab and bed options allow you to build a truck that suits nearly every style and need. Interiors are nicely done, but you might not find them as roomy as other crew cab models. If towing and hauling are important, the F-150's best in class abilities can probably handle the task. A good ride and excellent handling make the F-150 a truck you should explore. 2WD Lariats start at $33,330, 4WD versions are higher. More basic SuperCrews are less.
3. 2004 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4WDThe four-door Double Cab Tundra is new for 2004. It isn't quite as large of a truck as other full-size versions, and it's interior isn't as spacious or comfortable, but the slightly smaller, more maneuverable size makes it a good choice for many. Pass on the Tundra if you have heavy-duty hauling and towing needs. The MSRP for this model is $28,975. A 2WD version of the vehicle starts at $25,645.
4. 2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4WDIf you need a compact crew cab truck and aren't interested in tacking on a ton of options, take a look at the Tacoma Double Cabs. This model's MSRP is $22,700, but the price climbs rapidly as you add on creature comforts. Toyota always gets high marks for reliability and longevity, so put this on your list of compacts to explore.
The revamped Nissan Frontier Crew Cab is powered by a 4.0-liter DOHC, 24-valve V6 engine with a best in class 265 horsepower and 284 lb-ft of torque. The new truck offers more power, more size, more off-road capabilities, more towing and cargo capacity, and more comfort than its predecessor. It's available in 2WD and 4WD configurations. If you're in the market for a compact crew cab truck, watch for the new Frontier when it's released in December of 2004.
6. 2004 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab Z71 LS 4WDAll new for 2004, Chevy's compact Colorado truck replaces the S-10 line. Crew cabs are only available with a 5-foot bed, so scratch this one if you need a longer cargo area. The interior is basic, but functional. Heated seats are available and so is OnStar and XM Satellite Radio. The Colorado is the first compact to offer roof-mounted side curtain airbags. Colorado articles and photos are among the most popular destinations on About Trucks/SUVs. Take a close look at its many options.
7. 2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Pickup TruckThe new Dakota offers a best-in-class towing capability of 7,000+ pounds, and its optional V8 engine gives it more power overall than prior models. Dodge made the new Dakota's interior more roomy and comfortable, and its air bag system now features an occupant-sensing feature for the front passenger-side. Other safety features available are side curtain airbags, front and rear. Heated cloth seats are available, too.
8. 2004 Nissan Titan Crew CabA powerful V8 and a spacious, well-designed interior are the first two reasons to consider a Titan Crew Cab. This full-size truck offers plenty of useful features for you and your passengers. Side airbags and stability control are two safety options you might want to consider. MSRP: $23,050 - $34,950.