Driving & Maintaining Your Pickup Truck
Driving Your Truck
We offer a variety of tips to help you learn how to tow a trailer with your truck, drive off-road, and navigate your pickup in snow and other problem driving conditions.
- How to Tow a Trailer with Your Truck
- Trailer Hitch Classes
- You'll Need These Hitch Components
- Truck Load Capacity Facts
- Choose the Best Battery for Your Truck
- Best Tie Downs for Securing Your Cargo
- How Anti-Lock Brakes Keep You Safe
- Traction Control Basics
- Winter Driving Advice
- Road Trip Checklist
- Winterize Your Truck
Truck Air Conditioning Systems
Not all A/C issues must be resolved by a technician -- you can take care of some problems and definitely keep other issues from cropping up. Use our advice to keep your truck's A/C system humming along as it should, and without making the inside of the pickup smell like dirty socks.
- Keep Your Truck's A/C in Tip-Top Shape
- Remove Mildew Odors from Your Truck's A/C
- Be Sure to Check Your Truck's Cabin Filter
It seems like there's a new recall every week. They don't all involve trucks, but a good chunk of them are pickup related. Owners receive recall notices, but it doesn't hurt to stay aware of important recalls, or recalls that could be coming, especially if you're in the market for a used pickup truck.
- Important Truck Recalls
- The Difference Between Recalls & Service Bulletings
- Is a GM Brake Corrosion Recall Coming?
Get the facts you need to choose the best tires for your truck and find tips to help you monitor tire wear as you keep the tires in top-notch condition.
- Winter Tire Options
- Tire Safety Advice
- How to Inspect Your Truck's Tires
- Get Prepped to Change a Flat Tire
Four Wheel Drive Pickup Trucks
Here's a series of information that will help you use your pickup truck's 4WD system safely and effectively.
- How and When to Operate a 4WD System
- Drive Your 4WD Safely on Snowy Roads
- Easy Set-up for Driving Off-Road in Water and Mud
- Techniques from Land Rover's Off-Road Driving School
Detail Your Truck
Detailing keeps your truck in excellent visual shape -- that's important for ongoing maintenance and can result in extra money in the bank when it's time to trade.
Today's truck owners can install innovative and useful truck accessories, some straight from the factory, but an even greater number from aftermarket companies. The annual SEMA Show in Las Vegas is an huge venue where accessory companies can display their wares, but keep your eyes open and you'll find useful items from small companies who don't advertise as much.
- Truck Caps and Tents
- Choose the Best Winch for Your Truck
- Retrax Bed Cover Review
- Bedrug Bedliner Review
- K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit Review
- Find a Truck Tool Box
- Truck-Related Smart Phone Apps