Myers owns CS Motorsports, a customization company based near Charlotte, North Carolina, where your vehicle can get a complete makeover. The goal for the Tundra CrewMax slated for fishing duties -- equip it with everything an Elite Series pro could imagine, and then tweak it a little more.
- Myers gave a brief description of the truck to the press: "it has a bed-area tackle storage system that looks like a Bass Pro Shop aisle... tackle, reels, rods and even a refrigerator."
Design team members removed the Tundra's rear bench seat and replaced it with bucket seats. A custom fiberglass console that houses video monitors and subwoofers stretches from the dash to the back wall of the cab. The truck's front doors were customized to house more speakers, along with video monitors to play fishing videos. Navionics lake mapping software is an important feature inside the truck.
The team installed a Toyota Racing Development (TRD) big brake kit and a 12-inch suspension lift (for extra insurance in muddy bogs and on steep boat launches). The truck's roof rack is custom built, too, and includes LED lighting and storage for fishing rods. A TRD supercharger and exhaust system beefed up the Tundra's power and torque.
A Rundown of the Fishing Tundra's SpecsEngine
- 5.7-liter i-FORCE DOHC V8
- TRD supercharger
- TRD exhaust system
- Six-speed automatic transmission
Suspension and Brakes
- Bulletproof 12-inch suspension lift kit
- Fox shocks and coil-over system
- TRD Big Brake kit
- Nitto 38" x 15.50" x 20" Mud Grappler tires
- ATX 20" x 11" wheels
- A custom Fab Four pre-runner style front bumper
- Warn 16k winch system
- Custom fabricated roof rack
- Rigid Industries LED lighting
- Custom-built fishing rod tubes
- Custom LED grille from Rigid industries
- 3M matte gray wrap; bumpers and fender flares painted to match
- Bushwacker fender flares
- Smoked exterior lighting
- Amp Research power side steps, bed steps and bumper step
- Berkley bait and tools
- Quantum rods and reels
- Custom-fabricated console, from dash to rear cab wall
- Three 8" Kicker subwoofers and a TV monitor mounted in the console
- Door panels modified to accept Kicker speakers and video monitors
- Interior color change from gray to black
- Black and yellow custom leather seat upholstery with "Toyota Fishing Team" embroidery
- Custom light switch panel in center console
- Motorized tackle storage drawer in bed area
The custom Tundra was introduced at Toyota's Exhibit at the 2012 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. Follow the links to pages 2 and 3 to see a few more photos of the Ultimate Fishing Tundra's interior and exterior features.
Toyota Concept TrucksCustom Toyota Trucks at SEMA, 2011
Toyota Tundra Hot Rod Pickup Truck
Toyota Tundra Diesel Dually Truck