Look for slightly larger seats in the 2007 Tacoma and a new two-tone instrument panel. You'll also see newly redesigned audio head units and chrome trim around the instrument cluster.
There's now a manual disengage on the Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) in trucks configured with that system.
Three Tacoma Cab Styles
- Regular Cab
- Access Cab (others call it an Extended Cab)
- Double Cab (others call it a Crew Cab)
Regular and Access Cab Tacomas have a 73.5" bed. You can get the Double Cab with the same length bed or choose a shorter, 60.3" version.
Regular and Access Cabs are available in 4x2 and 4x4 configurations, with 4-cylinder and V6 engines. Tacoma PreRunner Tacomas have a 4x2 drivetrain, but the raised styling of a 4x4.
The X-Runner Tacoma is a sportier version of the Access Cab, with a V6 engine and 4x2 configuration. Read more about the 2007 Tacoma X-Runner.
Double Cab Tacoma trucks all have V6 engines and are available as 4x4s or in the 4x2 PreRunner configuration.
2007 Toyota Tacoma Engines
- 2.7-liter 4-cylinder that produces 159hp and 180 lb-ft. of torque. Choose a five-speed manual transmission or a four-speed automatic.
- 4.0-liter V6 that produces 236hp and 266 lb-ft. of torque. Choose a six-speed manual transmission or a five-speed automatic.
Tacoma Wheelbase SpecsRegular Cab 4x2: 109.4"
PreRunner and 4x4 Regular Cab: 110"
Access Cab 4x2 trucks: 127.2"
Access Cab 4x4 and PreRunners: 127.8"
Double Cab with standard bed: 127.8"
Double Cab long beds:140.9"
Tacoma Towing and Cargo
- V6 Tacomas can tow up to 6,500 pounds
- You can get a factory roof rack system on Double Cab Tacoma trucks
- The popular composite inner bed remains. The bed offers two-tier loading, with integrated deck rails and tie downs.
- The Tacoma has small storage compartments in bed walls and a 115v/400W power unit is available.
- See pictures of bed accessories 2006 Tacoma trucks--they're the same this year.
2007 Tacoma Safety Features
- Standard anti-lock brakes (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA)
- Vehicle Stability Control is available for all Tacoma trucks
- Optional Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) system, which detects wheel slide during cornering and steps in to help control it with throttle intervention and brake controls at individual wheels
- Hill-start Assist Control (HAC) on trucks with an automatic transmission helps keep you from rolling backwards when you start the vehicle on a grade
- Dual-stage airbag system on all Tacoma trucks
- Front passenger airbag cutoff switch standard on Access Cab Tacoma trucks
- Optional front seat side airbags; roll-sensing side curtain airbags with new cutoff switch on Double Cab trucks
Tacoma SR5 Package
- Color-keyed overfenders and front bumper
- Chrome grille surround and chrome rear bumper
- Center console in models where it's not standard
- Intermittent wipers and upgraded trim
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter lever in Access and Double Cabs
- Upgraded audio systems in Access and Double Cab Tacomas
Toyota Factory Warranty
- 36-month/36,000-mile basic new-vehicle limited warranty
- 60 months/60,000 miles powertrain warranty
- 60 months for corrosion, no mileage limitation