2WD Version of the Popular Chevy Colorado
The Colorado XTREME is a sporty 2WD version of Chevy's new Colorado, with front and rear wheel flares, rocker extension moldings, a rear fascia and a tailgate-mounted rear wing. The body kit also features a front fascia with integral projector beam driving lamps and a front grill with 3D metal screens.
Chevy built several XTREME vehicles to present accessories and appearance packages that might eventually be available on production cars and trucks.
All of Chevy's XTREME concepts are geared to the younger crowd--or the young at heart. Some of the possible custom items resulting from these vehicles might be body kits or ground effects, revised rocker panels, distinctive lighting, rear wings and larger wheels and tires.
The XTREME group also puts importance on entertainment, with Pioneer systems that include DVD, CD and MP3 players, and XM Satellite Radios.
More Visual Features of the Colorado XTREME:
- One piece, flush-mounted aluminum tonneau cover painted the same color as the body
- Webasto power tilt and slide sunroof
- Intro Prowler 6 18-inch polished billet aluminum wheels
- PPG Poppy Red exterior, with rear step bumper pads finished in PPG Graphite
- Front bucket seats and rear bench seat with black suede bolsters, red suede side panels
- Black suede headliner with two-tone black and red suede sun visors
- Ebony carpets with black-striped velour inserts
CHEVROLET COLORADO XTREME HIGHLIGHTS
Powertrain / Chassis
- Vortec 3500 inline five-cylinder engine
- 220 hp at 5600 rpm
- 225 lb.-ft. of torque at 2800
- Independent front suspension with coil-spring-on-strut design
- Full-floating live axle with steel leaf springs
- Bilstein gas-charged front struts
- Bilstein gas-charged rear shocks
- 18-inch polished billet aluminum Intro Prowler 6 wheels
- LT255-45/R18 Dunlop SP9000 tires
- Front fascia with integral projector beam driving lamps
- Front grille with unique three-dimensional expanded metal screens
- Front and rear wheel flares
- Rocker extension moldings
- Rear fascia
- Tailgate-mounted rear wing
- Webasto power tilt and sliding sunroof
- PPG Poppy Red body paint and Graphite rear bumper step pads
See Larger Photos of the Colorado XTREME Pickup
- Read details about the 2005 Colorado XTREME production truck.