Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) & Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Both are segment-firsts for 2003 Frontier 4x4s. The VDC system automatically controls brake pressure and engine torque in understeer, oversteer or on slippery surfaces. A set of sensors helps VDC control individual wheel brake pressure or rear power to improve stability in adverse driving conditions. More sensors monitor pressure in all four tires, and a warning light appears if any tire falls below the recommended air pressure.
More Power, Better Fuel Efficiency
All standard V6 engines received an extra 10 horsepower for 2003 and a fuel efficiency rating that's been increased by one mile per gallon.
Supercharged Models (S/C)
- Come with newly designed aluminum-alloy wheels, P265/55R17 for the 4x2s, P265/65R17 BF Goodrich Rugged Trail tires for the 4x4s.
- 4x4s have specially tuned suspension with raised ground clearance.
- S/C King Cab 4x2s and 4x4s are available with a 5-speed manual transmission.
- The S/C Crew Cab and Crew Cab Long Bed are available with a 4-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission.
- All S/Cs include a limited-slip rear differential.
Frontier Body styles
- Front bucket seats and fold-down rear jump seats that provide additional seating for two passengers.
- Equipped with a 143-horsepower 2.4-liter inline 4-cylinder and 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic transmission.
- The 4x4 model offers three different trim levels, XE, SE and S/C.
- Seating for five adults. Available in 2-wheel and 4-wheel drive, but all are built on the heavy duty 4x4 chassis.
- The long bed version has a 74.6-inch bed. The standard Crew Cab bed measures 56.3-inches.
- Child safety seats can be installed in the rear passenger area.
- The Frontier Crew Cab comes standard with the SOHC 3.3-liter V6 engine and 4-wheel anti-lock brakes.
- 5-speed manual transmission on the XE or a 4-speed electronically controlled overdrive automatic transmission on the SE and S/C (optional on the XE). A factory-installed supercharged engine is available.
- The Desert Runner is a 4x2 King Cab powered by a 180-horsepower 3.3-liter SOHC V6.
- It has the same heavy-duty chassis, ride height and stance as the Frontier 4x4, but is about 500 pounds lighter, giving it the best power-to-weight ratio of any Frontier pickup.
- Features special badging, fender flares, skid plates for the engine and fuel tank, a full-size spare and a 4-wheel anti-lock braking system.
- The Desert Runner pickup is available in XE, SE and S/C models.
Supercharged Value Edition (SVE)
V6 horsepower from the 3.3-liter Supercharged engine, but at a reduced price. Available in 4x4 King Cab and 4x4 Crew Cab trucks.
- Frontier offers several option packages for 2003, including the Sport Package, Deluxe Audio Package, Utility Package, Power and Comfort Package and others.
- A Leather Package features factory-installed leather seats, a pop-up sunroof and a vehicle security system. It's available on all S/C and SE Frontier King Cabs, Crew Cabs and Crew Cab long beds.
- A tall hoodline, oversized headlights and large fender flares featuring large divot holes and rivet-type caps complete the look.