Chevy created two SSR trucks for pace duties>
- After the race, SSR number one will be on display at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum.
- SSR number two is a truck from the SSR Signature Series, a roadster-truck spent time at some of America's favorite racetracks before being auctioned with other Signature Series pickups.
Chevy modified SSR trucks to create the pace vehicle:
- A silver ghost-flame paint scheme appears across the hood, front fenders and doors
- A safety strobe light bar is recessed into the tailgate
- Special cast aluminum wheels and race event graphics were added
- Racing safety belts were installed
- An upgrade to heavy-duty engine and transmission oil coolers
- Higher rate springs and shocks were added to improve handling
- A lower restriction exhaust system increases performance needs